Egg candling pictures

FayeAndHisChooks

Chirping
May 15, 2024
There are sixteen eggs in the incubator and it is day 5. There’s a lot of small, cream colored eggs, a few browns, two blues and two greens. The cream ones should be from our “silkie crosses” (they are 1/4 and 1/8 silkie but they still look a lot like silkies. The 1/8 one has an even bigger head puff than her mom (the 1/4)). The blue and green eggs come from Easter eggers and the brown ones could come from a bunch of different girls so I won’t get into that here.
I was too excited to wait for day 7 and candled a few early. Here’s some pictures !!

SPOILER_IMG_7428.jpeg SPOILER_IMG_7429.jpeg
This is egg 1. Accidentally put it in upside down originally but I put it back right. I’m a bit worried that the dark streak on the first picture might be the start of a blood ring, so I’m definitely rechecking it in a few days

SPOILER_IMG_7437.jpeg
I’m pretty sure this was a blue egg but the lighting making me think I’m misremembering. Doing well for day 5!

SPOILER_IMG_7433.jpeg
This one’s one of the green eggs. The hen that layer them got taken by a fox a week or two ago, so hopefully they both hatch!

SPOILER_IMG_7435.jpeg SPOILER_IMG_7444.jpeg SPOILER_IMG_7441.jpeg SPOILER_IMG_7440.jpeg SPOILER_IMG_7431.jpeg SPOILER_IMG_7438.jpeg
Here are the other eggs! Didn’t have much to say about them so I sent them in a group.

Will update once I candle again :)

Back
Top Bottom