Egg yolks are weird shapes what does it mean?

bbecca

Songster
6 Years
May 24, 2016
Oregon
I have several issues going on with my chickens right now that I'm not sure what's going on. But I have noticed a lot of my eggs yolks are falling apart when I crack them and some of them are weirdly indented or shapes instead of the normal circle. This has just been in the last few weeks. Can anyone tell me what the issue might be?

(FYI, they are also not producing like they used to. They've also all lost the feathers on their back of neck. Not sure if this Is from rooster being to rough or molting?)

How old are the birds? What are the other issues you mention? Egg quality can decline with age and health
They are only a little over a year old. The other issues are they are loosing their feathers on their backs. And they're not laying as often as they used to. I have 5 hens and was getting an average of 4-5 a day now it's 1-3

I don't have any pics of the eggs sorry. But I do have a pic of one of my hens who's lost the most feathers on her back. Not sure if this is coralated or not. Wondering if they need some multivitamin and a higher protien?

IMG_3440.JPG
IMG_3436.JPG

They Moulton once a year. Are you seeing lots of feathers laying around?

Yes there are a lot of Feathers around

Back
Top Bottom