Egyptian Geese

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Unfortunately, here in southern Florida we don't see that many shooting stars. Right now, Pop (the male Egyptian Goose) spends most of his day standing on the bank of the lake near the place of their last nest. I have reached out to several institutions & folks who have some experience with Egyptian Geese & have not received a response.

As I mentioned before, it is incredibly sad watching this lonely bird looking for his mate. I suppose nature will take its course but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there about Egyptian Geese and the loss of a mate, how they grieve and what, if anything, we might do to ease their loss. I'd like to get this post all throughout this site; perhaps someone may have an idea.

Again, thank you and let me know when your next Youtube video is ready to view. Take care.

Quote:
Hey chever i know this is kinda like really late, but do you have any other fowl, that can be the best remedy for his grief. He might just need a play mate. or maybe even another goose, o don't know but it could help.

One of my geese is finally sitting on eggs. She only laid 6 eggs before beginning to sit and I was lucky enough that she laid one outside the house that I stole and ate.

One of my geese is finally sitting on eggs. She only laid 6 eggs before beginning to sit and I was lucky enough that she laid one outside the house that I stole and ate.
Congrats!! look forward to seeing the goslings when they hatch. Seems wrong time of year for geese to be hatching though, are Egyptian different in their laying and hatching than other geese?

yep, see in Egypt and Africa ,where they originate, its warm all the time. Therefore ( i don't know if this is right) they tend to mate/ lay at anytime, I'm not sure. i'm just pointing out a geographical hypothesis, please correct me if i'm wrong

Last edited:
yep, see in Egypt and Africa ,where they originate, its warm all the time. Therefore ( i don't know if this is right) they tend to mate/ lay at anytime, I'm not sure. i'm just pointing out a geographical hypothesis, please correct me if i'm wrong
Yeah I don't know much about them yet this is my first time with not just E. Geese but any geese breed. I know everything says not to have them as your first geese experience but I went for it.

Yeah I don't know much about them yet this is my first time with not just E. Geese but any geese breed. I know everything says not to have them as your first geese experience but I went for it.

Please keep us updated would love to see some goslings. Nothing better then seeing a mother goose with her babies

Back
Top Bottom