Floppy comb, diarrhea, & weight loss in a 2 year old Cinnamon Queen~

LynnieU

In the Brooder
Feb 4, 2018
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Hello,
I have a 2 year old Cinnamon Queen who has a floppy comb, weight loss, diarrhea and not laying for about a month now. She's laid about 2 eggs we think in the last 4 week or so period. He activity level is mostly good, some bad days where she stands in the corner of the coop, but always makes her way to the perch at night. Eating has been pretty good. Today I watched her drink water, eat grubs & lettuce.kale out of my hand. She did come out of the coop today to scratch & peck and eat weeds. Any ideas would be appreciated. We have one other Cinnamon Queen & Easter Egger, both of them have none of these symptoms and both are laying. Thanks for any help you can offer. Lynn

Hello,
I have a 2 year old Cinnamon Queen who has a floppy comb, weight loss, diarrhea and not laying for about a month now. She's laid about 2 eggs we think in the last 4 week or so period. He activity level is mostly good, some bad days where she stands in the corner of the coop, but always makes her way to the perch at night. Eating has been pretty good. Today I watched her drink water, eat grubs & lettuce.kale out of my hand. She did come out of the coop today to scratch & peck and eat weeds. Any ideas would be appreciated. We have one other Cinnamon Queen & Easter Egger, both of them have none of these symptoms and both are laying. Thanks for any help you can offer. Lynn
Weight loss, loose stools, not laying for a month, having good/bad days, standing in the corner, I would be inclined to think your girl has a reproductive disorder. Egg Yolk Peritonitis, cancer, tumors, Internal Laying, etc., unfortunately are common in laying hens.
If this is what's going on with your girl, then sadly, there is not much that you can do.
Getting a fecal float to rule out worms as a contributor of the loose stool would be a good idea.
Otherwise, I would monitor her, see that she's eating/drinking, crop is empty in the mornings.

Back
Top Bottom