Oh RC no. This is not your fault. You have done so much for them. The chickens at the Palace are some of the luckiest chickens I know. They have had great lives. None of this is a result of your inability to care for them. You have gone above and beyond. They are all lucky to have lived with, be cared for, and be loved by you.

:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs
:goodpost: Perfectly said. I do hope she pulls through and you get to the bottom of this - it is NOT your wonderful care-taking!:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs🫂:hugs:hugs:hugs

Oh, no. It just can't happen...not again! :fl 🙏 :fl that she is okay. Is there an emergency Vet in your area? Would they even take chickens?

If, God forbid, she does pass, will you consider an autopsy? If I remember correctly, you do have access to a place that will do them, yes?
Well in the US we all do - every state has a state lab that will do necropsies.

@Ponypoor - why did you suggest testing for West Nile virus - according to the Merck Veterinary Manual it desn't kill chickens.

:goodpost: Perfectly said. I do hope she pulls through and you get to the bottom of this - it is NOT your wonderful care-taking!:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs🫂:hugs:hugs:hugs
You are all very kind. And in my heart I know it isn't my fault.
But don't be hopeful - I think she has only a few hours to go. She is already not really with us if you see what I mean.

A Lot of Moxie in the Little Girl

Do not doubt Glynda's moxie. She started stalking Éowyn and in this very rough video, she chases Éowyn off. At least that's what she will tell you. Right before the video starts, Glynda had attacked Éowyn's bum. That is why Éowyn is turned facing her.

That Glynda is one tough lady to take on a 20+ lb cat!
Poor Eowyn! Minding their own business just to be attacked and harrassed! And you are right, quite some moxie on Glynda's part. Wonder why she isn't 'tolerating Eowyn...the cat has been around them (so not new) and not pestered, so not seen as a threat....???????

Lemon and vinegar kills spiders . So there might be something in that.
Lemon eucalyptus doesn't actually have lemon in it. It's a type of eucalyptus that to human noses smells lemony (kinda like chamomile or lemongrass tea taste lemony but don't actually have lemon in them unless it's been added as a separate ingredient.

B239CF84-2850-4B24-A9B8-006564E49996.jpeg

Cooper tax.
He’s a boy. I just wanted to humiliate him.

I know we said poor breeding - but Lulu is a 'fancy' chicken - she is not bred to lay loads of eggs, she is bred to look devastatingly gorgeous.
So yes, she may have a genetic issue, but this is not a production breeding problem.
I wasn't suggesting it was a production problem. And of course I don't know what it's like in the States, but here there is a pretty small gene pool for fancy breeds & that can lead to problems ~ all I'm saying. 'Cause I've lost so many birds who shouldn't have died. Look @ the Vorwerks. Of the 8 I've acquired over the last 18 months or so I am down to just two. My only explanation is poor genetics because as a relatively new fancy breed here the gene pool is incredibly small no matter who you buy from. I just don't want you blaming yourself for what I honestly don't believe is your fault. Your keeping arrangement is spectacular. Your birds are incredibly well looked after & loved. You're one of the best keepers I've seen on BYC. Any bird who gets a home with you is incredibly lucky.

Lemon and vinegar kills spiders . So there might be something in that.
I suspect it is the vinegar that kills the spiders...vinegar is a relatively strong acid (not super strong, but strong enough - just try to swallow some and you will see! - but have a swig of milk ready!) Frequently things like lemon or lavendar are 'added' to vinegar to help mask the odor.

Back
Top Bottom