Hi folks. I am sad to report I am at an avian vet with Cashew and she is being euthanized. Very likely it is cancer and she would continue to decline rapidly. I won’t bother with necropsy this time; I’ll bury her under the walnut tree that shades their run and coop. 💔
Oh Michelle. Cashew ❤️❤️

So sorry. :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

Hi folks. I am sad to report I am at an avian vet with Cashew and she is being euthanized. Very likely it is cancer and she would continue to decline rapidly. I won’t bother with necropsy this time; I’ll bury her under the walnut tree that shades their run and coop. 💔
I'm so sorry. I remember you said she was unwell some time ago. I hope she passes in peace and that you find some confort burying her at home, close to her friends 💚.

A few fluffy butts:
60E88D0A-0D4F-4216-9F83-B6D2C4CD404F.jpeg
E48DCC81-3669-4060-854F-AB6087E1F61E.jpeg
7F4C0C51-F97F-4A6C-9E0C-5FC7202A31BC.jpeg

I'm so sorry to hear your beloved Cashew is gone :hugs :hugs :hugs She was such a beautiful girl! You are very creative - maybe you can make a decorative stepping stone or other marker for her?

Lovely! It's interesting, she is quite similar to what could be found in Marseille and Provence in the 1950s.
If she still worked eight years ago she's probably good to go and you've even got the oven!
Cooking requires getting used to. The temperature isn't as precise. It's great for all the things that need to cook a very long time, like beans, or game meat.
It's good that you wish to keep it. My cousin took one that looked like a bit like yours down a flat he bought that was on the third floor with no elevator. He said it was heavier than a dead donkey
Thanks for the cooking tips MB, I'll try a slow cooked stew next winter.

The cast iron gas stove we moved out to the shed took four people and a trolley to move! Getting it down the big step was a challenge.

Awww I'm sorry Michelle :hugs

Back
Top Bottom