I’m on a wild goose chase for this chickenView attachment 3838632
Frizzle Polish 💕 lovely!

This is Betty a frizzle polish x silkie pullet
50D89DD2-3E49-4308-91BF-0E374D9F48A9.jpeg
47EB725D-2E98-4F90-80BB-927706AED841.jpeg

Two separate tribes here. But the little ones are getting bigger. Both groups of chooks want my attention desperately. Makes me sad that I can’t be with them both at the same time, yet. Sir Jaffar had bad timing when he had to go. I sure could use him now.
They will start to get out and about together, my 4 week old chicks are out and about all day with the Grups now - running everywhere eating and drinking, sunbathing with them. Getting clobbered the odd time 😊 mostly by Marty the beast.

It’s cute to see them running and mixing with them. I even had the wee bantams out with the herd today, Cash was very interested in them but I won’t let anyone get close to them - they are just too teeny.

sad news

Larry had a catastrophic leg injury and my BIL and I had to put her down. She was an elderly girl so I think she likely tried to jump down from someplace and broke her leg.

I found her when I did evening chores, we immediately put her down - she would have been in terrible pain and I didn’t want to have her lingering. The fracture was an open fracture so there would be no way to split it and save her.

She is now at peace with her friend Tuff.
CA5ACA12-C51A-4848-ACEB-5265AE083182.jpeg

sad news

Larry had a catastrophic leg injury and my BIL and I had to put her down. She was an elderly girl so I think she likely tried to jump down from someplace and broke her leg.

I found her when I did evening chores, we immediately put her down - she would have been in terrible pain and I didn’t want to have her lingering. The fracture was an open fracture so there would be no way to split it and save her.

She is now at peace with her friend Tuff. View attachment 3838720
So Sorry @Ponypoor !! :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom