sad news

Larry had a catastrophic leg injury and my BIL and I had to put her down. She was an elderly girl so I think she likely tried to jump down from someplace and broke her leg.

I found her when I did evening chores, we immediately put her down - she would have been in terrible pain and I didn’t want to have her lingering. The fracture was an open fracture so there would be no way to split it and save her.

She is now at peace with her friend Tuff. View attachment 3838720
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that. Farewell Larry - sorry you had to leave us.

sad news

Larry had a catastrophic leg injury and my BIL and I had to put her down. She was an elderly girl so I think she likely tried to jump down from someplace and broke her leg.

I found her when I did evening chores, we immediately put her down - she would have been in terrible pain and I didn’t want to have her lingering. The fracture was an open fracture so there would be no way to split it and save her.

:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs She got enjoy a good run with the ponies. Fly high, Larry!

sad news

I am so sorry, RIP Larry. You did the right thing if it was a open fracture. Closed fracture, depending on location and severity splint and cage rest. Compound leg fracture I equate to the same as with a horse with a compound fracture. She was a beautiful girl and I am happy she got to spend her last months with you.

I am so sorry, RIP Larry. You did the right thing if it was a open fracture. Closed fracture, depending on location and severity splint and cage rest. Compound leg fracture I equate to the same as with a horse with a compound fracture. She was a beautiful girl and I am happy she got to spend her last months with you.
Yes she had a good year here and was in fairly decent shape for an old girl. I keep expecting Red to die but she is a tough old girl.

I have a few geriatrics here:
Penelope is 8
Blanche and Sophia are 6
Red, Raven and Sharpie are 5 which I feel is a good age for those sex-link production breeds.
Red and Sharpie have health issues so I expect them to pass away within the next year.
Raven is doing really well.
My next oldest are:
Fluffy, Curly, Henny, Marty and Mr P at 3 yrs.
Dorothy and Rose are 2.5 yrs old
And the rest are last year’s babies so they are a yr old.

sad news

:hugs Poor Larry 😢
I'm sorry Kelly.

Well do for acting so swiftly :hugs

Princess had a wash yesterday after laying that egg. I can't upload any much pictures there's still problems here.
1000002242.jpg

Princess had a wash yesterday after laying that egg. I can't upload any much pictures there's still problems here. View attachment 3838949
I just have data on my phone when I am out west. Is that what you do for your internet?

Well she sure is looking good there ❤️
Another geriatric lady who looks great!

sad news

I’m so sorry Kelly. She lived out her days in the best home possible :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

sad news

I'm so sorry, Kelly. She was a pretty hen. I hope she and Tuff are together again.

Back
Top Bottom