Garden Shed Hen House Remodel

If I put my roost in the southwest corner, would I ever really need to close up the windows during the winter? There are vents in the eaves continuously around the edge - like house vents.
It's really hard to say just what you will need to do for ventilation, observation is best. I keep a thermometer in coop. Go out into coop during severe weather(rain, wind, and snow) and see how the air is moving around in there and if there's any rain infiltration, you should be able to see any trouble spots and modify them.

It's really hard to say just what you will need to do for ventilation, observation is best. I keep a thermometer in coop. Go out into coop during severe weather(rain, wind, and snow) and see how the air is moving around in there and if there's any rain infiltration, you should be able to see any trouble spots and modify them.
Should be easy enough to do. I already have a thermometer in there and I check on them daily. Thanks for the tips!

Hubby got everything put together today and I got off work early to dig up all the bulbs and let the girls out for the first time.

We sat in the run with them for awhile until they got used to it. When my cat came over to meet them, they ran over and jumped on my lap until they realized he couldn't get in. They're so funny!

IMG_20170623_163353.jpg

Here's Wanda meeting Freddy from the safety of the run. I think the hens like him now. He used to climb up on the window sill and meow at them when we first put them in the henhouse.
IMG_20170623_165432.jpg

Here's the completed run. Still need to paint the rest of the shed and do some finish work.
IMG_20170623_171226.jpg

Freddy is visiting with the girls. We're going to rebuild the human door and clean up some more around the henhouse.
IMG_20170623_171304.jpg

Ricky Ricardo went over to meet the girls and they came right up to him to say "hi". They're feeling quite confident in their new space.
IMG_20170623_180402.jpg

There will be a few more pictures as we finish the last couple things but we're getting close and it is a huge relief to have the girls able to go outside before any serious hot weather happens.

Back
Top Bottom