Hello from Morgan Hill, CA

frow.gif
Welcome from Ohio!
frow.gif

Hi everyone! I'm new to chickens; a friend gave me 4 unidentified hens about 3 months ago. I've since discovered that 3 are OEG hens and the 4th is ? I just call her Big Red Hen. The OEGs are not friendly at all and have been good layers till a month ago when 2 went broody, when I couldn't break it, I bought them 4 day-old chicks to raise and that has been quite succesful ( except for 1 chick who flew out of the pen and the dog got her). The chicks are 1 RIR and 2 ameraucaunas.

Pretty much everything I know about chickens, I've learned from reading the forums here.

I also raise 3 sheep for wool to spin and have 3 dogs and a cat.

Look forward to participating here!

Barbara
Hi,
we are in Cupertino and after nurturing our 6 chicks for 7+ weeks , our neighbors dog figured out how to open the gate.
(Our bad) and got all of them : (
: ( : (
We are committed to never letting that happen again)!
Does anyone in the SF Bay Area have chickens they would like to let us try again with?
k & P

Hi,
we are in Cupertino and after nurturing our 6 chicks for 7+ weeks , our neighbors dog figured out how to open the gate.
Does anyone in the SF Bay Area have chickens they would like to let us try again with?
k & P
Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

You're replying to someone who hasn't been online for about 7 years. I would start a new thread in this forum so we can all say "hi" to you. :)

Also, you may want to try posting in the SF Bay thread and might find someone.

Hi,
k & P
Try posting this in the Ca. state threads.

Back
Top Bottom