HarleysGonePostal

Songster
6 Years
Nov 3, 2017
Indianapolis Indiana
I've chosen to start Urban Farming again.
I have a special little girl and the babies are priceless to her.

She and I have as follows:
4 guinea fowl
3 Silver Sussex
2 Araucana hens and one rooster
1 welsummer
2 Cuckoo Maran Hens
2 rooster most likely to be a Cuckoo Maran based on my post.
2 Cayuga ducks
3 Welsh Harlequin ducks

We just ordered the mini 3 egg R-Com incubator with attachment for viewing and learning.

Looking forward to learning and helping

Thanks,
HarleySpicedLatte and her little one

Greetings and welcome to BYC! So glad you joined us. I sure hope you and your special little girl enjoy the heck out of hatching and growing chickens! There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Oh, if you haven't done so already, PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. I recommend at least your state as most folks won't be able to figure out where if you put anything more specific (county, town, street, etc) by itself. Old folks like me :old will never remember & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

4 guinea fowl
3 Silver Sussex
2 Araucana hens and one rooster
1 welsummer
2 Cuckoo Maran Hens
2 rooster most likely to be a Cuckoo Maran based on my post.
2 Cayuga ducks
3 Welsh Harlequin ducks
I love that list!
this-muchblue.gif
Welcome :frow

Urban Guinnea Fowl? I really hope you are more rural than urban or expect noise complaints from the community. I live in a moderately rural environment and the guineas 1/4 mile away annoy me.

Please turn the speakers up and play this video:

Regardless, welcome to BYC I am happy you joined us here! I also would ask you to check your local regulations regarding poultry types you are allowed.

Best Wishes!
Allen

No one has complained. I spoke with my neighbors before and told them to let me know of any issues. So far I've only been asked where I got them.
They're definitely noisy but I started them Urban from birth and seem to only be noisy with squirrels and lawn mowers. ☺️
I got them for pest control since my little one has many issues it needs to be more natural. Also because opposum was a killer in my last flock.
Thanks for the reply

No one has complained. I spoke with my neighbors before and told them to let me know of any issues. So far I've only been asked where I got them.
They're definitely noisy but I started them Urban from birth and seem to only be noisy with squirrels and lawn mowers. ☺️
I got them for pest control since my little one has many issues it needs to be more natural. Also because opposum was a killer in my last flock.
Thanks for the reply
:fl I wish you no ill and only the best but it potentially could be wise to canvas the neighborhood to see if any antisocial curmudgeons will complain.

:fl I wish you no ill and only the best but it potentially could be wise to canvas the neighborhood to see if any antisocial curmudgeons will complain.
I'm not worried. It's a very noisy neighborhood as is. Worst case scenario I have to give them back which is why I got them from a friend

Back
Top Bottom