Help sexing Prairie Bluebell eggers?

Heart chickens

In the Brooder
Jul 15, 2020
Hi would love any feedback on these two chicks! Purchased as sexed females from Hoover hatchery, they are cross of White Leghorn and Araucanas per site. They are 5 weeks old, both like to chest bump, and tail feathers pointing down. :(

The brown chick is the most aggressive, comes running first and very active. Had a thicker head that we noticed during first couple of weeks. This one feathered a bit different to than the other two chicks we have and is bit smaller than the other two.

The grey chick is the biggest one, very active, but hangs back more.

The third chick not in photos is a Welsummer who we are pretty certain is a pullet.

Thanks in advance for any input, desperate to know if boys or girls!!!

Attachments

• Brown chick.PNG
    Brown chick.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 372
  • Grey chick.PNG
    Grey chick.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 334
  • Both chicks.PNG
    Both chicks.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Thank you Rainbowhen! Knew pullets could do roosters stuff, but sure does instill doubt right away!!! Appreciate you taking time to curve my anxiety :)

Hi would love any feedback on these two chicks! Purchased as sexed females from Hoover hatchery, they are cross of White Leghorn and Araucanas per site. They are 5 weeks old, both like to chest bump, and tail feathers pointing down. :(

The brown chick is the most aggressive, comes running first and very active. Had a thicker head that we noticed during first couple of weeks. This one feathered a bit different to than the other two chicks we have and is bit smaller than the other two.

The grey chick is the biggest one, very active, but hangs back more.

The third chick not in photos is a Welsummer who we are pretty certain is a pullet.

Thanks in advance for any input, desperate to know if boys or girls!!!

your second chick looks just like my bluebell egger and appears to be a girl to me.

Back
Top Bottom