Help x breed

Dee83

Chirping
Dec 24, 2022
I have fertilised eggs by silver laced Wyandotte hen and dark/blue partridge Brahma roo
I’ve been told my brahma is something different
What is my roo and what will my chicks x as

Attachments

• 5C996FF2-C6A9-4DFA-9068-081DB806E710.jpeg
    5C996FF2-C6A9-4DFA-9068-081DB806E710.jpeg
    718.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 442D61FC-EF0F-4479-840F-A652F3E30326.jpeg
    442D61FC-EF0F-4479-840F-A652F3E30326.jpeg
    817.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I have fertilised eggs by silver laced Wyandotte hen and dark/blue partridge Brahma roo
I’ve been told my brahma is something different
What is my roo and what will my chicks x as

I could be wrong, because I'm still learning the genetics stuff, but,

50% of the chicks will be black on the black parts and 50% will be blue on what would have been black parts.

The chicks will have walnut combs unless the parents aren't pure for the pea comb and rose comb respectively.

There will probably be some form of patterning and/or leakage.

They should be pretty fluffy and cold-tolerant. :D

He’s a Blue Partridge Brahma with an incorrect tail set. It needs to be wider and lower. I have a rooster like this. He’s pretty but I would consider him a project bird. ( I should specify the BPB example)

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone that helped with figuring out my Brahma
But I’m nearly at 21 days my hen has been sitting on her eggs 2 hatched a couple of days ago I wasn’t to worried as I knew she had 2 eggs of her own that she was sitting on before I added 7 extra but I’m worried that she might be more distracted by these to beautiful chicks that she may have already given up on the last 2 days on the other eggs but she refuses to let me take them
Our weather isn’t to bad through the day but does get down to 12 degrees by morning
Will they still hatch if she doesn’t sit back on them

He’s a Blue Partridge Brahma with an incorrect tail set. It needs to be wider and lower. I have a rooster like this. He’s pretty but I would consider him a project bird. ( I should specify the BPB example)
What is BPB

Back
Top Bottom