How to debur sharp edges on grandpa's feeder?

springvalley123

Free Ranging
9 Years
May 22, 2015
Northwest Phoenix area
I received my grandpa's feeder today. They are "incommunicado" and didn't say when it would ship etc, and didn't reply to emails, so hopefully someone can tell me:
How do you smooth the sharp edges on the treadle? The front edges of the treadle (closest to the body of feeder, but readily accessed by hens' feet) are quite sharp. I don't have a metal file, but I have steel wool pads and brushes. For $154.90 why are they sharp anyway?

Sorry to hear of bad customer service from Grandpa's Feeder. I have a treadle feeder, but it's from RatProof Feeder @Al Gerhart . Without a metal file, I'd try the steel wool, brushes (assuming metal brush). Do you have sanding discs that are coarse or a wire wheel brush?
I don't have an electric sander/discs, but I'm getting a different feeder. I'm trying to return this one, but I just found their return policy--it came from Janesville WI but returns to new zealand!

Could you cover all the sharp edges in electrical tape? It might be sticky at first, but not for long - chickens are dusty creatures! If you truly feel it is unsafe for the chickens, I'd drag the heck out of them on social media in order to get free return shipping - they're on Facebook & Instagram, light them up!

Back
Top Bottom