I found quail eggs abandoned a week ago Can i Hatch Them?

timewrinkler

In the Brooder
May 4, 2016
i had weeding done A week ago. Today I found quail eggs in that area, presumably abandoned. Should I try hatching them in an incubator? I also have no incubator so I will be trying to construct one. I would appreciate any help. I don’t know how long quail eggs will remain alive after being abandoned. I also do not know When these eggs would’ve been laid...any ideas? Today is June 2 . Im in northern Nevada.

If they haven't been sat upon by the mother, they are viable for 5 days. If they were incubated by the mother, then then the time is very short. Hours, is my understanding. We had a similar issue as the mother was dying. We got the eggs in a incubator and the mother in a box. The mother died at 3 days. The eggs hatched two weeks later. All 12 hatched but so far, we have 7 that are alive after a week, one is struggling.

If they haven't been sat upon by the mother, they are viable for 5 days. If they were incubated by the mother, then then the time is very short. Hours, is my understanding. We had a similar issue as the mother was dying. We got the eggs in a incubator and the mother in a box. The mother died at 3 days. The eggs hatched two weeks later. All 12 hatched but so far, we have 7 that are alive after a week, one is struggling.
Thank you for your reply. I’ll keep them warm for a few weeks and see what happens.

You also need to turn the eggs 2-3 times a day (or get an auto egg turner) and moniter the humidity. There are how-tos on how to do it on this board. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom