I know it's early but....Who's ready for 2024 Baby Chicks!

Pics
Today was supposed to be a joyous day as our order was scheduled to be delivered. The delivery came on time in less than 24 hrs, but my entire order had deceased.:hit

I know this thing could always happen, but the devastation of emotions it caused when opening up the box was unbearable. We have decided to not place a re-order but to find some chicks locally, as our hearts cannot take another blow again.

We are hoping our local Tractor Supply will have 4 chicks that we can claim and take home and raise.

Rest in Peace little ones.......
So sorry to hear that! :( I'm so fearful of opening a box and finding a dead chick I just can't imagine ever ordering them, even if that means I can't get breeds I want to try.

Sorry to hear the chicks didn’t survive the transport. :hugsBuying locally and picking the up is probably the best you can do. If you like another breed than the ones at TS you could try Craigslist or similar too.

BTW in my country it’s not allowed to ship chicks.

Today was supposed to be a joyous day as our order was scheduled to be delivered. The delivery came on time in less than 24 hrs, but my entire order had deceased.:hit

I know this thing could always happen, but the devastation of emotions it caused when opening up the box was unbearable. We have decided to not place a re-order but to find some chicks locally, as our hearts cannot take another blow again.

We are hoping our local Tractor Supply will have 4 chicks that we can claim and take home and raise.

I am so sorry. :hugs

Thank you all for the words of sympathy they were greatly needed.
Once again God has taken a terrible event and provided us with something good.

Our local farm store had just received a new order of chicks yesterday, and we brought home 5 little fuzzy pullets to give our love to. Welcome home little ones, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 SLWs and 1 EE.
Trisha, Buttercup, Rhoda, Daphne and Darla

Attachments

• New babies.jpg
    New babies.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 3

I'm so sorry 😔. You can also look online for a small farm in your area. I did and was able to get pullets so I was sure they were girls.

Back
Top Bottom