Idk what to do

Junejones

Songster
Sep 20, 2021
She had this for about a year i was told that its cancer but now it like boiling hot i want her to be happy so what should i do for her
1000004990.jpg

Are those lice eggs on her chest as well? Do you see moving lice on her body and under her vent? Lice are treated with permethrin garden dust or spray at 10 day intervals until gone. Are there lice on the others?

That looks like her lower belly under the vent and is very enlarged. It could be water belly (ascites,) salpingitis with coelomitis/egg yolk peritonitis, or cancer. Has she laid eggs in awhile? Has she lost weight? Is she eating and drinking, and getting around very well?

Last edited:
She stop laying awile ago and shes still eating and drinking and she still walks she is just slower at running but i dont see any lice on her or others or in the coop

Those large gray things attached to her feathers look like giant groups of lice eggs. Or is that poop?

I thought the gray blobs might be mud, considering the gray smears on the feet and toes (especially the toes in the far left of the picture, that are curled so I can see gray on their tops.)

But if clumps of lice eggs can also look like that, I agree it is important to figure out which kind of thing actually is clumped on those feathers. Can lice eggs be washed off? I know mud should come off with washing, so that might be a way to tell mud apart from lice eggs.

Ya its mud my chickens are weird they like to play in the water then turns into mud sorry should of menchen that

Back
Top Bottom