I'm so old I Remember when:

We couldn't wait to leave.

We couldn't wait to get our driver's licenses, either. We begged our parents or an older sibling to take us to the DMV right on our 16th birthday to get that highly coveted bit of freedom. It was a major right of passage, essential for getting away from parents and spending time with friends.

Now kids live their lives online so by the time they're sixteen they've been meeting up with friends and getting away from parents for years. They have little interest in getting a driver's license. It's so strange to me.

We couldn't wait to get our driver's licenses, either. We begged our parents or an older sibling to take us to the DMV right on our 16th birthday to get that highly coveted bit of freedom. It was a major right of passage, essential for getting away from parents and spending time with friends.

Now kids live their lives online so by the time they're sixteen they've been meeting up with friends and getting away from parents for years. They have little interest in getting a driver's license. It's so strange to me.
Toughest thing for me as a parent was watching my kids pull out of the driveway on their own for the first time.

I hate to ruin the illusion, but I have wanted a driver's licence since before I was 10.

Those of us that grew up on farms were driving long before we got a driver license.
I've driven a real car a few times. Makes me wish I had a license so I could drive a car on a road. Only problem is, I don't know if I'd have to be on the insurance here. Which costs a really pretty penny.

(I'm hoping Mom realizes it'd help a lot on long road trips :lau)

I've driven a real car a few times. Makes me wish I had a license so I could drive a car on a road. Only problem is, I don't know if I'd have to be on the insurance here. Which costs a really pretty penny.

(I'm hoping Mom realizes it'd help a lot on long road trips :lau)
Insurance is required by state law.

I wasn't allowed to get a car until I paid for my own insurance.

I would rather drive a tractor any day even though that was work.

Back
Top Bottom