Introducing farmingfannie y’all

Farmingfannie

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2019
Hey out there! So new member here! Not new to raising any sorta farm animal but new to creating a account. My goal is to homestead successfully with what works for me in my case in my scenario. What works for me might not for you and vice versa. Love raising ducks and all sorts of chickens. Goats special little buddies of mine I tend to make them way to tame almost to the point of being annoying lol. You name it iv either had it or have it now. As of now and it could change I own geese, turkeys, chickens from Rhode Island reds, game breeds true to standards, bantams from speckled, golden lace, self blue, blue wheaten, ducks khaki Campbell, Pekins Cayuga rouens buffs, etc etc just lots of birds breeding the best of best selling the rest trying to make a name for myself with having good quality good bloodlines true to standards healthy animals for my family for myself hobbies interest to teach kids what life is really about not all this worldly junk that’s out there now. You learn about life how to deal with good the bad ups and downs working hard and sometimes being disappointed in outcome but trying again and again until you figure it out. That’s where society has done wrong raising the youth and generations we got away from the simplicity of life seeking easy way out and life isn’t about being easy all the time you learn how to live laugh work ethic life death emotions your mind your self your soul learns how to deal and process good and bad emotions all in farming gardening etc the way god intended. You work outside with your family somewhere within telling distance I’m sure and talk work and talk and deal with conversations life issues ask advice pass down ol stories knowledge etc as a family as one. That’s how I’m raising my family. That’s what I think is best. That’s why kids now don’t know how to deal with emotions big hard emotions that’s even hard for us adults to deal with it’s because they tend to let their children fill their brain extra time with tv and games and are they talking good or bad are they working through life in general school lunch convos etc the girl they have a crush on etc are they showing your child/niece/nephew whoever the correct way to handle things are they giving the right advice or saying just plain honest truth like “here’s what I would do/say but here’s the way that is correct to respond to that”. See my opinion and it ain’t worth two cents, but that’s what I think everyone needs, and that’s get outside rain snow windstorm or shine and do what ya gotta do work garden farm etc learn this stuff teach them kids cuz in the end, they will appreciate it def not at that moment lol trust me but later in life and when true maturity hits after they have kids of their own maybe they won’t get caught up in all the hustle and bustle that’s unnecessary and won’t get so worldly living out of there means and forgetting about what life really is about... maybe they will be thankful for all those tears shed all that sweat all those bumps bruises days when they didn’t want to walk up that hill to water those animals etc etc but they did they had animals that depended on them etc farming is messy hard work lots of ups and downs and thinking out of the box farming isn’t pretty sometimes but is life really graceful or is life always pretty or turn out like you plan??? NOPE life is gritty messy dirty hurtful sometimes so I’ll farm I’ll hunt I’ll trap my furs and show my family how it’s done. hands on, yes yes touch that dead animal and use every last piece possible to the good and better for your family’s need. Again my thoughts not worth a plug nickel to most people but maybe one person needs this somewhere year or two down the road orrr maybe not

23402C4B-90CE-4B2B-B7F7-13625F773286.jpeg

Welcome to BYC!​

Back
Top Bottom