Lethargic Chicken, Green and White Liquid Poop, not eating or drinking.

Aug 7, 2022
SE indiana
I recently had a hen die, and I didn't examine the body because I wrongly thought it wasn't contagious, but I've noticed another one of my hens is doing the same thing, but at least right now it's not as bad.

Like the last one, It generally has slower movements then the rest of the hens, and most of the time it's just sitting or standing somewhere. I rarely see it eat or drink, and it keeps pooping a liquid white diarrhea or white and green less liquid diarrhea. I've had such a struggle trying to find out what it is that I've decided to get back on backyard chickens to ask.

It also seems that my whole flock might be infected, because although none are as lethargic or lethargic at all like the main one, I've seen a lot of them poop liquidy clear/white diarrhea, or just normal color poop that is extremely watery.

Right after my first chicken died I accidentally gave them way to much vitamin water, so the next morning I dumped out there waterer and replaced it with fresh water, Maybe with a little vitamin water still in there. After that, when I noticed a new lethargic chicken, I began treating them with corrid for coccidiosis because that was my best guess as to what the disease could be. I saw at least one of them a few days ago had a bloody poop, but that was the first and only time I ever saw bloody poop since even the one that died got sick.

I'm on my second day treating with corrid, and I can't tell if the lethargic hen is getting better. Please help me out by confirming this is coccidiosis or telling me what other disease it may be! Thanks ahead of time.

Back
Top Bottom