Let's see some pooper scooper pics .....................................

SteveMadonnaJ

In the Brooder
May 1, 2016
I would like to see what everyone is using as pooper scoopers for their poop boards. I don't want to use kitty litter shovels, and am looking for some ideas. I am also using straight PDZ in my board. Thank you in advance.

It's dark here and the girls are already in bed, so I'm omitting the photo.

I use a naked poop board - the poop just lands directly on the wood. To clean it off, I use a metal drywall taping knife, the kind you can get at home improvement stores. I also have plastic ones, but think that the metal one works better for scraping because it doesn't flex like the plastic ones do. Each morning, I scrape the night's deposits off the board and into a shallow kitty litter pan, which gets dumped into the compost pile.

The mesh letter tray works great. I use one of these to scrape the PDZ and Poo into it. I have also used this green scoop. It works better than a kitty litter scoop because the holes are smaller.

I've been using a metal kitty litter scoop which has worked ok- but the smaller bits fall through. (I use sand in the coop and part of the run.)
Just found this tonight at Marshall's. Thinking the large will be great for scooping poop and I'm going to try the small for dishing up fermented feed! The large is about the same size as the metal kitty litter scoop I have been using.

61D-OsjF7AL._SY355_.jpg

I use this. I like the long handles which increases this distance between me and fecal dust.

I used the deep litter in my coop and a child's size metal rake worked great. No bending over, just pick up messes with the tines and dump them into a plastic bucket which got dumped into compost piles every day. Sorry, no picture.

I would like to see what everyone is using as pooper scoopers for their poop boards. I don't want to use kitty litter shovels, and am looking for some ideas. I am also using straight PDZ in my board. Thank you in advance.
I used the deep litter in my coop and a child's size metal rake worked great. No bending over, just pick up messes with the tines and dump them into a plastic bucket which got dumped into compost piles every day. Sorry, no picture.

61D-OsjF7AL._SY355_.jpg

I use this. I like the long handles which increases this distance between me and fecal dust.

Back
Top Bottom