Living in NC with the Carolina Blue sky!

Servant

In the Brooder
12 Years
Feb 6, 2007
Aberdeen, NC
Hello all my real name is Russell! I am rasing Buff Cochins, Black Cochins, Barr Rocks, Buff Orrington’s, Rhode Island Reds, White leg horns, Red Broilers, New Hampshire Reds, Black Sex Link, Production Reds, Ameraucans Bantams, and Brown Red Old English Bantams! I am disablied so lost of time to spend with them! Seems aways building a pen or 2 but selling chickens and eggs. A way for me to add income into the home. Great site love it here.

Welcome to BYC Russell! I live about 90 miles southeast of you in a little place called Kelly. This is a great site and I know you will love it! I have RIR's and a few guineas but the chicken addiction is hitting hard and I am finding it hard to resist adding more! Do you happen to have any RIR cockerels in the 8 week age range?

I maybe can help ya now I'm just a country boy is the RIR and Barr Rock not sure if the RIR (What it means) But yes i will do what I can to help ya. Please get in touch and if you will use simple terms for a simple country boy! lol k!
wink.png

Sorry to come to say this all my birds are standard i have a few banties as pets these are red brown old english and two Araucanas one with ear tuffs. Yestur day was a sad day here. After 2 years almost 3 years the landlord it now telling me they all have to go. Even if he could not smell them. He says it is why he can't rent the first tralier. lol not that the kittchen floor is bad and the fact that it sits so close to the road a car flipped into it. and it has just been repaired i have told a few people that have kids about this for that trailer has been hit 3 times since i have lived here in the pasted 8 years. Right now I'm trying to find a place to move all my birds. I have just started to make money off these birds and have about 50 broilers that will be killed soon. It has been a hard day and a tearful one. God i really love some of the birds. There are to we call broke backs where the roaster was very hard on them and there sides where broke open and i sawed them closed they lived and are laying again and all my banties which one comes in the house. There is a couple at church that is grtting a home and they have said we can get there old place and just pay them. it come with 3 acreas if land. Not home yesturday but trying to see if i can move birds there and want to keep my pets here. I have been through so much with these birds from when about 55 peeps drouned i had to blow dry them and place under heat lamp as to save as many as i could. and the way they can make you feel when you are down and go and spend time with them sittiing in the yard as they play and follow you around like a handful of kids always make me smile. There and about 8 i want to keep here.
I have used lime in the pens and cleaned them every 4 weeks and the house about every other month and for real you can't even smell my birds. So i pray God will find away for me to keep them. If i have to let many go if anyone maybe wanting some and live near pinehurst in NC e-mail me at [email protected] I am still looking for away to keep them but if all else fails and have 47 in incubator now to. Please keep me in your prayers and these has torn my little world up. Thanks

Last edited:
Oh no! I'm so sorry!
sad.png

(My aunt raises giant cochins as well. I love them. Gentle giants!
smile.png
Just wish we had room for some.)

Great news the people who are looking for a new home have said, I can go ahead and move all my little babies over there to the place we will be buyng from them on 3 and a half acres so now i will have happier chickens for there is lots of room to free range them, Is there anything you all can tell me about free ranging them as I do under stand this will cut down on some feed to and make for happier little ones. So happy for them. And a real plus is the land has a pond too. I know hard to see 45 year old man upset over Chickens but i do not care. The wife is so happy too. There is a barn that IO will have use of well see if I can't keep about 5 still here the ones I'm closet to. I will how ever be cutting my white egg layers and giving them to my sister in law. Looking forward to the move for them. God sure answered this prayer! Keep you all up to date as to what happens. I just went a bought some crikets for the kids!! Going now to share this with them!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom