Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I picked up a bag of chicken breasts from a local market. I can't believe how big each one is. Makes me almost want to try meat birds. Almost. I'll stick to laying hens. My pullets should be getting close to POL. They can slide until the solstice an then I'll start cracking he whip.

Morning guys.... caught the crud and have been knocked out for a few days. Nasty stuff!

One hen layed an egg the other day. I haven't had one out of 16 birds in a couple months.

Mutt, I would wager all the turkey legs go to Holly MI! I agree the thigh is the best part next to the loin muscles.

So after making me get rid of my goats, and most of my sheep flock, my husband out of the blue said he missed the goats and milk. WTF...........I hate being jacked around like that, I had a nice flock of Nigerian does and sold all of them and my equipment to care for them, and he wants to get some again.
:barnie :he.
Not going to fall for it, as much as I would love to have a couple dairy goats again.:smack as soon as he changes his Bipolar mind, I'll have to sell them again. :mad:

lol, I don't know Raz.. won't find out either.

You remember correctly, aart, we are moving but we have pushed it off for 8 yrs until the house is paid off. Maybe at the new place, I am hoping for acreage to allow hunting, but a few goats and chickens would certainly be an option, cause I honestly hope to retire and stay home, garden and raise our own food and do art work!

So ideally, we could get more goats. But, I know my husbands behavior pattern and I'm tired of losing things that I love, cared for, and put all that hard work, time and money into ... just for him to say no more money get rid of it (translated: I'm bored it needs to go). Not playing the game anymore, I'm changing it. Besides...with our mastiff getting old and an opportunity coming up in the spring for another Olde English bulldogge puppy (I get more joy out of my dogs than anything) that's what I rather put the money into.

Last edited:
Sorry Silly, sounds like it can be a rough ride sometimes.
It happens to all of us. Parents, kids, spouses, friends, pets, livestock, any any other living creature that we choose to care about.
I guess that is what makes us what we are, for better or worse. :confused:

What I do know for a fact is that people here care for each other and try to help in many ways. Silly was there for me while I under went a surgery. So was another Wendy when I had my heart surgery.

Chicken Stock has always been good for the camaraderie and fun and meeting each other in person. As long as we have this forum and people use it, we will always have a basis of friendship and support. Even it is only a post that says :hugs.

So it was a good news/bad news kind of day.
Good...Bella is home from the vet for a tumor removal on her eye. She is well.
Bad...The bill is outrageous. Higher even than my taxes.

Good..2nd day of PT on my knee. It's feeling better.
Bad...pain has migrated up to my hip.

Good...New pup is happy that Bella is home.
Bad...He celebrated by getting into the trash can.

Good...It wasn't a bad mess.
Bad...I had to do housework. I need a maid. Or an intervention. :lau

Back
Top Bottom