Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

We got absolutely blasted by a storm today. The power went out, and we were able to get all my plants in the garage before tornado-y conditions and a tornado warning sent us to the basement. Once the worst of it passed, we came back up and watched the storm. Then, we went out to see what damage we got, if any. Well, my garden, which has never held water before was half flooded, and the water was draining down a mole tunnel in one of the beds. It was literally draining, with the water actually circling! And our woods are unrecognizable and impassable with the amount of downed trees. One of our neighbors who has lived here for over 20 years said it was the worst storm she's ever seen here!

Is everyone on here ok and safe?

We got absolutely blasted by a storm today. The power went out, and we were able to get all my plants in the garage before tornado-y conditions and a tornado warning sent us to the basement. Once the worst of it passed, we came back up and watched the storm. Then, we went out to see what damage we got, if any. Well, my garden, which has never held water before was half flooded, and the water was draining down a mole tunnel in one of the beds. It was literally draining, with the water actually circling! And our woods are unrecognizable and impassable with the amount of downed trees. One of our neighbors who has lived here for over 20 years said it was the worst storm she's ever seen here!

Omgosh! TG you are ok! So sorry about the damage 😞

Omgosh! TG you are ok! So sorry about the damage 😞
I'm just grateful it is almost all in the woods! Our shed has a tiny section of roof that needs to be fixed. All of our yard trees are fine and had no damage, which seems crazy!
Our power is still off, and our fridge apparently sucks because the freezer was already thawing pretty significantly and the fridge doesn't feel cold enough. We will have to use everything in there pretty quickly.

The chicks made it through the night just fine, and the rooster has been practice crowing for a few days now. He sounds like a weird mourning dove or horse!
63E58F84-2126-4948-A995-81A9FB3323DA.jpeg

Had thunder, lightning, pouring rain, and some wind gusts.
But I was at the southern end of that string of storm front.

I did hear a CRACK but saw nothing out the window,
turns out a rather large branch broke out of a tree near the road(luckily not in the road or onto the power lines).

I'm just grateful it is almost all in the woods! Our shed has a tiny section of roof that needs to be fixed. All of our yard trees are fine and had no damage, which seems crazy!
Our power is still off, and our fridge apparently sucks because the freezer was already thawing pretty significantly and the fridge doesn't feel cold enough. We will have to use everything in there pretty quickly.

The chicks made it through the night just fine, and the rooster has been practice crowing for a few days now. He sounds like a weird mourning dove or horse!
View attachment 3839181
Glad almost everything is okay.

Everything is okay here although there were some swirling clouds above us. I haven't heard of any touchdowns in our area. We had high winds, a bit of pea sized hail and a drenching rain.
Very sorry for the destruction of the woods.

Oh, my @Swiss @troyer @aart Glad you guys are ok. Nothing on this side besides my own storm with the darn mice. They are not eating the bait. I have make sure all are inside and pick up the boxes before they come out. I am tired of the run around. Next, I am putting glue straps to see if they trip on them. I did put some DE but they are getting closer to the darn coop now. They come from holes on the ground and these chickens don't help either cause they also dig everywhere. Any other ideas? Don't have a 22,lol

Oh, my @Swiss @troyer @aart Glad you guys are ok. Nothing on this side besides my own storm with the darn mice. They are not eating the bait. I have make sure all are inside and pick up the boxes before they come out. I am tired of the run around. Next, I am putting glue straps to see if they trip on them. I did put some DE but they are getting closer to the darn coop now. They come from holes on the ground and these chickens don't help either cause they also dig everywhere. Any other ideas? Don't have a 22,lol
Sorry I don't know the history of what you've tried so far, but have you tried baiting the mousetraps with peanut butter?

Back
Top Bottom