Need help attaching hardware cloth to metal poles!

HenStead

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2019
We are turning a greenhouse frame into our run and cannot figure out how to attach the hardware cloth to the poles. I'm nervous that zip ties will be destroyed by weather or predators. We have hawks, raccoons, opossums, coyotes, and fox...
15523400747764050445941012699099.jpg

Go with the zipties, will allow you some flexibility while building.
Better if you can find UV resistant ones, but I've used both with pretty good success.
You can always go back and use wire, or metal zipties, to back them up.

Wrap HC around poles a bit, put ties thru second hole(not first) from edge of HC.

Might find some helpful tips here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/aarts-hoop-coop-chicken-tractor.72211/

Go with the zipties, will allow you some flexibility while building.
Better if you can find UV resistant ones, but I've used both with pretty good success.
You can always go back and use wire, or metal zipties, to back them up.
And they are predator resistant enough?

We've tried these clips, but they are impossible to get tight
Yeah, those are for Tposts and 14ga field fence...not round poles and HC.

And they are predator resistant enough?
Ehhhh...won't say yes...or no. Depends on pred and ziptie. They can be pretty strong if pulled tight to where no tooth can get in.
Important thing is to get HC on so it's taut, it's tricky and you may have to 're-do' parts, then you can go back with metal ties.

We are turning a greenhouse frame into our run and cannot figure out how to attach the hardware cloth to the poles. I'm nervous that zip ties will be destroyed by weather or predators. We have hawks, raccoons, opossums, coyotes, and fox... View attachment 1698510
I've used zip ties they work wonders! I'm actually doing the same thing lol. I did it previously with an old swing set frame. Works like a charm!

Back
Top Bottom