New Member from NH

Salmon Falls Urban Hens

Hatching
11 Years
Jan 5, 2009
Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I am a born again urban farmer. I used to raise chicken and livestock when my boys were young and as a young man myself. With the world being the way it is today, I started raising laying hens (Barred Rocks) again and meat birds (cornish-X) and turkeys. I live in the seacoast of NH in what we call the subburbs. I am intersted raising some rare breeds, (Haven't decided which ones yet) I like Marans and would like to go to a few shows. so anyway thanks for reading and maybe someone close has some chickens for sale and all advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Pete

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Pete,I just got back into raising chickens.It's been 25 years(I had always had chickens as a boy).Now I have kids of my own and about a year ago my boy wanted to get some chickens for eggs and ducks for the freezer.So now we have 9 pullets laying since November,21 -3 week old chicks in our brooding pen,and 1 broody hen getting ready to set on some buff orpington eggs.We live in Ipswich,Ma.(very close to NH).We will have some chickens to sell in the near future.We have black australorps,brown leghorns,anconas,barred ply. rocks,red sex-links,rhode island reds,new hampshire reds,black sex-links,and in 3 weeks hopefully newly hatched buff orpingtons.Let me know what you want and maybe I can hatch something for you.Best,Paul

Back
Top Bottom