GardeNerd

Crowing
14 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Southern California
My Coop
My Coop
Hi,

I am new to city chickens. A friend in Norco used to have them, and I wished I could have my own little flock. I always thought I couldn't have them legally in our town, but after doing some more research and many hours (hundreds of hours) reading over the last few months I learned more. I have been lurking around BYC over the last few weeks learning from many you and all the valuable information you share. Thank you. And sorry, I didn't introduce myself sooner.

I am a stay at home mom and garden "nerd"

I am passionate about sustainable organic living. My little city lot is filled with 12 fruit trees, raspberries, blackberries, veggies, 5 kinds of grapes, and kiwi. I have been talking about adding chickens to our little city farm for about 4 years and I am finally going to do it. The lady at the library calls the one book Keeping Chickens by Hobson and Lewis "my book" because I check it out once every month or so. I look forward to learning more and sharing here at BYC.

Last edited:
Cool
welcome-byc.gif
You will soon be addicted like most of us!
yippiechickie.gif
I'm a city chicken keeper as well. It's alot of fun. Where do you plan on getting your chicks from?

Chef

welcome-byc.gif

Glad to have you here! There are plenty of urban chicken owners here that you'll be able to get ideas and tips from.

How many chickens are you allowed to have in your city?

Back
Top Bottom