NoCrow on a Loud Hen?

dc95123

In the Brooder
Jan 12, 2022
I have a very loud Bond Brown hen in a suburban setting. Her sister hens are quiet enough, but this one spends her day squawking with the same volume as a small dog barking, unless she is given free-range of the yard. We don't free-range our flock unless we are home, and we are both at work 5 days a week.

Our neighbours haven't complained to us, but I think that's just because they are nice people. We would like to try and keep this hen quiet during the day, otherwise she might need to be re-homed.

We've purchased a NoCrow collar as the website says it might work on a hen. I'd be interested to see if anyone else has tried this on a loud hen and had success?

Welcome! :welcome

You will find that the general consensus of most people here about no-crow collars is that they are cruel and can be very dangerous. They work by restricting the chickens airway so they can’t take a deep enough breath to make a loud crowing sound. Apparently many people have accidentally strangled their rooster to death by using one.

I’m sorry your having issues with your hen being so loud. How old are they? Is she laying eggs?

Back
Top Bottom