Not sure at all this is right. But when horses or dogs cats or people get constipated. They do an oil/ water up rear. Maybe worth a try? Oil will definitely make things slippery.
I used a little olive oil on my glove when I reached into her vent. I could definitely mix up and oil/water solution to lubricate inside her. Thank you for the idea!

Here's a couple photos I just took. Although the piece of her vent that was sticking out went back in.

Attachments

• PXL_20240409_232536010.jpg
    PXL_20240409_232536010.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20240409_232619739.jpg
    PXL_20240409_232619739.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 18
I'm Elspeth's sister. I had found an article saying which calcium was best. We had fed her some Tums, but that is calcium carbonate which I guess is harder to digest? My mom is getting calcium citrate at the store right now to give as soon as we can. Will that help? Would you happen to know a good dosage?
I’ve never given it, I’m hoping the experts will see this post soon. Yes I believe calcium citrate is what is recommended, 600mg I believe. You can pop the whole pill into her beak by gently pulling down on the wattles so she opens her mouth.
I have a BO that lays soft shell eggs, it’s hard for them to get it out so I sympathize for your girl. You’re doing a great job!

Thanks for the pic, that looks like she’s trying to pass the egg, I don’t think it’s prolapsed at least not yet. Calcium will help her pass the egg and hopefully she’ll be fine sfter 🙂
Thank you so much for your kindness and help!!! We really appreciate it. She passed a little more egg yolk. I am wondering if there are two eggs? Maybe one that broke and that is where the yolk is coming from and also the soft shelled one that still seems whole? She fell asleep and her breathing is much less labored.

I’ve never given it, I’m hoping the experts will see this post soon. Yes I believe calcium citrate is what is recommended, 600mg I believe. You can pop the whole pill into her beak by gently pulling down on the wattles so she opens her mouth.
I have a BO that lays soft shell eggs, it’s hard for them to get it out so I sympathize for your girl. You’re doing a great job!
Thank you so much! I appreciate the kindness and help. I'll try to give her that dosage when the calcium gets here.

Back
Top Bottom