Polish chicks

Tfritz185

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2023
I recently hatched out a batch of chicks. Two of them came from polish eggs and are from a polish rooster. The hen that layed both eggs is a white crested blue polish and the rooster that bred them is a candy corn polish. Anyone know what the chicks might look like as adults? I included pictures of both chicks and the parents.
1000004555.jpg

Attachments

• 20240513_121408.jpg
    20240513_121408.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240515_164413_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240515_164413_Gallery.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 9
Very cute - but your boy there is not infact a candy corn polish. He appears to be some sort of buff/splash. A CC Polish is much darker, and results from a cross of a tolblunt and crele. Both look very similar, but aren't.

It looks like your darker chick will be a standard white/blue and your second may not have a Polish mother. Polish x Polish should have a much more prominent poof, even at a day old.

Attaching a pic of a Candy Corn hen.

Attachments

• IMG_8103.jpeg
    IMG_8103.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 6
Very cute - but your boy there is not infact a candy corn polish. He appears to be some sort of buff/splash. A CC Polish is much darker, and results from a cross of a tolblunt and crele. Both look very similar, but aren't.

It looks like your darker chick will be a standard white/blue and your second may not have a Polish mother. Polish x Polish should have a much more prominent poof, even at a day old.

The thing is they both hatched from my polish eggs

Would this be a CC Polish or not. I got this hen and the rooster from an exotic auction.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240517_061628_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240517_061628_Gallery.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 6
Would this be a CC Polish or not. I got this hen and the rooster from an exotic auction.
CC Polish are actually not a recognized standard, so there is no limitations to who can call their chicken a CC.

By definition, no, this is not a Candy Corn Polish - or even a Polish. It has puffy cheeks, and no where near the poof needed to be considered. This looks like a cuckoo x easter egger with incomplete coloring (the tiny little black spots) that too usually see in uncontrolled breeding (barnyard mixes). The feathering on top of the head likely comes from a legbar mixed in somewhere along the way. We call these "color packs".

The thing is they both hatched from my polish eggs
This would mean somewhere along the line there is something bred in to either mom or dad that has tainted the genetics.

For comparison, here is a 2 day old pure buff Polish.

Attachments

• IMG_7900.jpeg
    IMG_7900.jpeg
    354.7 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom