Rescued 60 Isa brown hens today

We rescued a TON of hens today. For those of you who don’t know, we already have over 220 chickens but decided to rescue 60 today. They are in bad shape, came from a henhouse originally, never saw daylight, never eaten or even seen grass. They were then moved to the place that we picked them up from. This guy obviously just buys and sells and buys and sells and buys and sells without caring about the conditions his birds live in. There were 200 hens in a space big enough for 30 hens, all standing in mud, several lying dead, trampled, on the ground. We took 60 of them, that’s all we could feasibly rescue without going bankrupt. They will be nursed back to health on green green pastures and live out the rest of their lives here at 3:19 Farms.
Is there any way to report the place they came from for animal cruelty?

Horrifying picture at the start, heartwarming picture in the post above me. At the end of the day we can fix only what's directly in a circle around us. Your circle is a bit bigger than usual. Good job.

Is there any way to report the place they came from for animal cruelty?
No one cares about chickens. You have to be in direct contact with them for some time to see how awesome they are AND you need to have some empathy. Add those two together and the number of people that qualify is not that big.

No one cares about chickens. You have to be in direct contact with them for some time to see how awesome they are AND you need to have some empathy. Add those two together and the number of people that qualify is not that big.
I don't understand this response... In most states, you can't legally stuff 200 chickens into a space that's only fit for 30. You can't starve them. Animal cruelty laws extend to any livestock...

So I don't understand why you say "no one cares about chickens." The law doesn't descriminate.

As for people caring, I'd argue that there's a large number of people on this site who would care.

Back
Top Bottom