PeachMyCheeks

In the Brooder
May 16, 2021
My baby turkey 3-4 weeks old has been recently gasping, sneezing, and acting very lethargic. He’s a royal palm turkey, and his stool is white. Any recommendations on what to do? He doesn’t seem to be eating at all, and I had to give him food by mouth and he was able to get his energy back. I don’t think he has that worm disease that affects his throat since I wasn’t able to find anything down his throat.
5CEF2E8C-CD93-4086-AF7A-6905738BAD95.jpeg

A vet would be your best option. If it were my poult, I would start it on Baytril (antibiotic) and I would tube feed it lots of fluids. Once hydrated, I would tube feed it food too.

A vet would be your best option. If it were my poult, I would start it on Baytril (antibiotic) and I would tube feed it lots of fluids. Once hydrated, I would tube feed it food too.
Alright! I’ll start doing that and ordering some Baytril. How much of Baytril do you give your turkey?

There are all kinds of videos, but you will need to find a tube and syringe first. I really think you should try to find a vet that will look at him.
Do you think it might be coccidiosis? I looked online, and the description of the side effects are exactly what my turkey is going through. Espically that watery white stool. (No brown.) the only thing that’s strange is the gasping, but another girl on this forum had the exact same issue and giving the turkey corrid helped.

Back
Top Bottom