School presentation- why are chickens the best pets?

PippinTheChicken

🧡🤍💙
Mar 19, 2021
UK
My Coop
My Coop
Okay so, for school we have to do a presentation/speech about ANYTHING. Anything we are passionate about.
I'm doing mine on "Why chickens are the best pet"

So, why not ask all of you chicken keepers why you think chickens are great pets, and hopefully there will be enough info that I actually encourage my class and my teacher to get chickens!

14-Pillars.jpg
One-Chicken-can....jpg

Chickens are the best pets because they really contribute with compost and manure management. Our chickens are hard at "work" all day scratching through our compost pile, turning it, and eating bugs. They also lay eggs which you can sell and make profit. Chickens also make good talk to people, you grab a chicken and show it to them and watch them ooh and ah over the chickens beautiful feathers. Chickens (well at least our chickens) are excellent mousers, our chickens have a zero, no policy exception for mice. The minute they see one they nab it and eat it. I have also seen one of our ducks swallow a whole mouse and then another one found a body of a rat, ran off with it, and then ate it before I could wrestle it out of their mouth (both ducks are fine and are in perfect health today). Chickens also have great personalities. The minute you step out the door you are greeted by a herd of chickens wanting pets, treats, pictures of themselves, and just them wanting to follow you and see what your up too. Chickens also are extremely entertaining. Having a bad day? Go outside and watch your feather babies. Chances are you will be swarmed by chickens wanting to cheer you up. If you manage to sneak up on the flock undetected you can observe how happy and content your flock looks. It's really wonderful and will make you feel proud of how you made these amazing animals so relaxed and comfortable. Chickens will also make baby chickens. Chicks are the cutest little things. You pick one up and it immediately goes to snuggle on your shoulder, boom, your heart has melted for these little fluffy balls of love. Chickens are also relatively easy to take care of. Give them love, food, water, occasional treats, space to roam and dustbathe, and they will be the happiest little chooks. They also help with yard management because they will mow the grass while scratching for bugs, eat weeds, and forage. They will also eat leftovers which prevents big food waste. All and all, chickens are truly the best pet because of all these amazing qualities about them, if you don't have any, go to your local feed store or hatchery, and end up buying 30 fluffballs. You won't regret it!

Chickens are the best pets because they really contribute with compost and manure management. Our chickens are hard at "work" all day scratching through our compost pile, turning it, and eating bugs. They also lay eggs which you can sell and make profit. Chickens also make good talk to people, you grab a chicken and show it to them and watch them ooh and ah over the chickens beautiful feathers. Chickens (well at least our chickens) are excellent mousers, our chickens have a zero, no policy exception for mice. The minute they see one they nab it and eat it. I have also seen one of our ducks swallow a whole mouse and then another one found a body of a rat, ran off with it, and then ate it before I could wrestle it out of their mouth (both ducks are fine and are in perfect health today). Chickens also have great personalities. The minute you step out the door you are greeted by a herd of chickens wanting pets, treats, pictures of themselves, and just them wanting to follow you and see what your up too. Chickens also are extremely entertaining. Having a bad day? Go outside and watch your feather babies. Chances are you will be swarmed by chickens wanting to cheer you up. If you manage to sneak up on the flock undetected you can observe how happy and content your flock looks. It's really wonderful and will make you feel proud of how you made these amazing animals so relaxed and comfortable. Chickens will also make baby chickens. Chicks are the cutest little things. You pick one up and it immediately goes to snuggle on your shoulder, boom, your heart has melted for these little fluffy balls of love. Chickens are also relatively easy to take care of. Give them love, food, water, occasional treats, space to roam and dustbathe, and they will be the happiest little chooks. They also help with yard management because they will mow the grass while scratching for bugs, eat weeds, and forage. They will also eat leftovers which prevents big food waste. All and all, chickens are truly the best pet because of all these amazing qualities about them, if you don't have any, go to your local feed store or hatchery, and end up buying 30 fluffballs. You won't regret it!
Whoa
I was just asking for ideas! This is a lot!

They all have unique personalities, & likes.

Some lay colored eggs, & have unique features.

They come in an array of various feather colors, & patterns.

Some have funky hairdos, frizzled feathers, & Silkied feathers.

Some have five, or more toes.

Many different comb types.

Some have feathered feet.

They're just overall unique birds to have, whether for pets, eggs, or meat.

Back
Top Bottom