Are you a bantam Cochin lover?

• Oh yeahhhhhhh

Votes: 51 54.3%
  • Of course!

Votes: 49 52.1%
  • Why am I here???

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
My phone’s camera has been messing up lately. It’s getting harder and harder to take clear photos.
This Pullet was an early may hatch, and her wattles are beginning to pinken and grow. Almost 7 months old currently? Definitely taking notice of this early in the process, but maybe she’ll lay eggs in a few weeks or so. I like how dark of a red she is.
EF6A8333-EC8E-42C1-82A5-877FAE28DE13.jpeg

She is nice and dark! I almost thought she was chocolate at first glance! I don't tend to go for frizzling in general, personally, but I like how her frizzling looks so nice and neat and organized :love

I got these babies in the assorted bantam bin.
Salmon-ella is my little red cochin and then the twins Mickey and Mallory are Partridge cochins.
I fell in love quick and wi be hatching some this year!

Attachments

• 20231105_091336~2.jpg
    20231105_091336~2.jpg
    548.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20231105_091336~2.jpg
    20231105_091336~2.jpg
    548.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20231130_074518_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20231130_074518_OneDrive.jpg
    598.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20231130_074553_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20231130_074553_OneDrive.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 3
She is nice and dark! I almost thought she was chocolate at first glance! I don't tend to go for frizzling in general, personally, but I like how her frizzling looks so nice and neat and organized :love
Thank you! I noticed that as well, she has a more reddish tint in person, but she's definitely dark enough to pass as a chocolate over camera. I'm not too much of a fan of frizzling anymore either, but they are very pretty birds. Working with a gene that produces health issues in homozygous form just gets unpleasant quickly. My goal next year is to reduce the ratio of frizzles to other types of feathering in my flock.

I got these babies in the assorted bantam bin.
Salmon-ella is my little red cochin and then the twins Mickey and Mallory are Partridge cochins.
I fell in love quick and wi be hatching some this year!
They're cute! I've got a partridge hen from TSC, and she is a feisty beast. Even more so when broody. Partridges have wonderful coloring.

Thank you! I noticed that as well, she has a more reddish tint in person, but she's definitely dark enough to pass as a chocolate over camera. I'm not too much of a fan of frizzling anymore either, but they are very pretty birds. Working with a gene that produces health issues in homozygous form just gets unpleasant quickly. My goal next year is to reduce the ratio of frizzles to other types of feathering in my flock.

They're cute! I've got a partridge hen from TSC, and she is a feisty beast. Even more so when broody. Partridges have wonderful coloring.
Mallory is mean and bitey. Mickey runs up to peck me for me to put my hand out palm up so she can jump on
They are super sweet together but Mallory will drive by and mess your ankles up

Mallory is mean and bitey. Mickey runs up to peck me for me to put my hand out palm up so she can jump on
They are super sweet together but Mallory will drive by and mess your ankles up
Those both sound like mine. Mine is generally tame most of the year. Opinionated, yes, but not much of a pecker towards me, and fairly snuggly. She's tried to fight turkeys a few times throughout her life though, and is a bully to everyone around her. When she's broody, that meanness spreads to me. She's attacked my face too many times for the fact I only let her brood eggs once. Not something I'm gonna forget, and I am not letting her brood on eggs again after that fiasco. She used to escape a bit as a juvenile, and I'd have to walk over and let her sit on my arm to get her back inside. Sweet, but still a bit crazy. It's adorable to see shared characteristics she has with yours, even if they probably have no relation lol.

I started a new flock in November. I haven’t had bantams before. They are so cute. I have 3 calico Bantam Cochins and 2 F2 Marans, one splash and one mottled. I have some concern that I have a couple of roosters. Two of the bantams have more of pink to the comb. Sigh. I do feel rather confident about the F2 Marans being pullets. They hatched. Oct 23

IMG_9811.jpeg
IMG_9596.jpeg
IMG_9591.jpeg
IMG_9594.jpeg
IMG_9563.jpeg

IMG_7092.jpeg

Sorry for the bad photo. I got a new buff Cochin bantam boy though! He is the cutest little cochin cockerel I have :love
His butt got plucked by his old roommates, so he’s in isolation to let it regrow(and for biosecurity).

He is standing up in this photo, he’s just so ridiculously fluffy. All of my reds have pretty poor type, and they’re the only Cochins I own aside from him, so I’m obsessed. Once his feathers regrow, I’m pairing him with my one smooth hen i have to try and improve the type on my reds. Below is one of my black tailed red cockerels, the difference is crazy.
IMG_7089.jpeg

View attachment 3724654
Sorry for the bad photo. I got a new buff Cochin bantam boy though! He is the cutest little cochin cockerel I have :love
His butt got plucked by his old roommates, so he’s in isolation to let it regrow(and for biosecurity).

He is standing up in this photo, he’s just so ridiculously fluffy. All of my reds have pretty poor type, and they’re the only Cochins I own aside from him, so I’m obsessed. Once his feathers regrow, I’m pairing him with my one smooth hen i have to try and improve the type on my reds. Below is one of my black tailed red cockerels, the difference is crazy.View attachment 3724666
Gorgeous and adorable!!!

Back
Top Bottom