The birb king's chickens

I'm a little bit worried about new Steve. He was very skinny when I picked him up and I could really feel his breast bone. He still acts fine and is very active, but when I put him in front of the water he drank a LOT so maybe he's a bit dehydrated. He's also a bit smaller than most of the pullets.
I hope he gains a little bit of weight! I've never raised bantams, so I don't have any experience with smaller sizes of chickens. I have raised Coturnix Quail though (but these guys are a little bit more on the fat side).
I've had a few chickens like that and thankfully they got better after a while. If he is still active and acts normal, that's good. I hope he gets better! It's always so worrying though.:(

Come on Steve! We got to gain some weight!

I hope he gains a little bit of weight! I've never raised bantams, so I don't have any experience with smaller sizes of chickens. I have raised Coturnix Quail though (but these guys are a little bit more on the fat side).
I've had a few chickens like that and thankfully they got better after a while. If he is still active and acts normal, that's good. I hope he gets better! It's always so worrying though.:(

Come on Steve! We got to gain some weight!
I checked on him this morning and he doesn't seem quite as skinny, but I'll just have to keep watching him to make sure he's eating enough.

Back
Top Bottom