The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

She ranged and did everything very well, but I couldn't help feeling that for some moments before putting her back in her pen, she seemed a little off. I do think it might be a health thing
I hope she's OK Keep! Keep an eye on her and post any symptoms you can spot, watch her poop too and check her crop first thing in the morning.

I hope she's OK Keep! Keep an eye on her and post any symptoms you can spot, watch her poop too and check her crop first thing in the morning.

Definitely. It was just a few seconds of her being visibly off, and then when I placed her back in her pen she seemed totally fine. She had no symptoms of anything (I checked), the only thing she had for about half the day is she did not want to hold her tail as high as she usually does. I don't think she's eggbound, though (again, I checked). They are being treated for scaley leg mites (which to some degree my line seems to have a genetic predisposition for), but that wouldn't affect her, would it?

I asked on the other thread, and you didn't respond:tongue (or at least I don't remember you saying if you would like to get tagged). I was going to leave a link for that reason...but I forgot
I *figured* you'd include me! :plbb

You just think I'll crash the party with my OEGB, lol!

Definitely. It was just a few seconds of her being visibly off, and then when I placed her back in her pen she seemed totally fine. She had no symptoms of anything (I checked), the only thing she had for about half the day is she did not want to hold her tail as high as she usually does. I don't think she's eggbound, though (again, I checked). They are being treated for scaley leg mites (which to some degree my line seems to have a genetic predisposition for), but that wouldn't affect her, would it?
No, leg scale mites, unless they are horrendous, don't normally effect health. Leg scale mites are a huge problem for my birds, even the wild birds have them here. None of my birds have ever showed signs of illness due to having these mites, I have used oils and even Ivermectin Pour On to treat the birds, the Ivermectin doesn't seem to bother the birds either. Maybe your gal is just having an off day, it happens with every bird occasionally.

I'm really enjoying the pictures! I have to say, I don't know the SOP stuff on any birds, and the lack of it in my birds means nothing to me; that's not why I have chickens. But the explanations are very interesting!

Seramas are cute, just so cute. 

This SOP stuff is very new to me. I definitely get not caring about the SOP. As you know, my favourite bird is a mix breed bantam. That said, I do find it rather cool, and am excited to see where it takes me. Glad you find it interesting, and I couldn't agree more on the cuteness of serama!

Back
Top Bottom