The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Oh. And number 4 if no one else wants it. I can name it Queen (you can always name it Freddie Mercury if a boy šŸ¤£)

Number 4 is all yours! Number one has already been named (Freddy) Mercury by @WoDia however, and Queen seems very adjacent, so unfortunately this little egg needs another name

Well, Fluffy. I love the name Tsourekiā€¦ even though thatā€™s Greek Easter bread. But, I DID stay with the Tsouloufati Easter theme! Hmmmā€¦ I wonder if anyone else named their egg after Greek food? šŸ¤£

Had to edit: could you POSSIBLY provide the egg name and number list again?

Last edited:
Okay Mercury, Tsoureki, and the Greek egg armyā€¦ itā€™s GROW time!
View attachment 3792473
(At the beginning of my Serama journey, these babies were from my 1st incubator hatch! I shouldā€™ve put the incubator beside my bed, because I spent so much time laying on the floor beside it STARING! ā¤ļø)
Saaaaame! I peek at them everytime I go in my bathroom for something šŸ¤£

For me, a quick wash-up isnā€™t too bad.

1. Place the tiny chicken in a bin of warm water, with a little pet shampoo.
2. Gently work the dirt off.
3. Place the tiny chicken into a bin of clean water and rinse.
4. Towel-dry.
5. Let the tiny chicken spend the night in a warm crate in the utility room. ā¤ļø

Since I have a lot of booted bantams (who also love getting dirty), Iā€™m accustomed to the bathtime routine. ā˜ŗļø
I also have to wash my girls periodically as their butts are too fluffy, and I canā€™t stand S**t caked butts, my routine is similar;
1) Sweet talk large chicken (6-8 lbs) until they come to you and gently pick them up when they squat for you. Plan B when they arenā€™t laying or arenā€™t having any part of it is to chase the d**n chicken around the yard for 30-40 minutes while the neighbors watch and haul her A$$ into the house.
2) Fill the bathtub in the master bath with 4ā€ warm water and in the process making sure no one will EVER use that tub for anything else.
3) Gently place victim in the water, followed by extreme efforts by bird to escape tub resulting in S**t water being flapped out of tub into your eyes resulting in a trip to the doctor for pink eye.
4) ā€œAttemptā€ to wash crusted poop off victimā€™s A$$ while using strong language.
5) Pull victim out of the tub to dry her off only to realize the dog has gotten into the bathroom and decides to chase the chicken through the house.
6) Return the now air dried chicken to the backyard and retrieve the next victim.
7) Repeat 2X (your count may vary).

I HATE washing chickensā€¦

Last edited:
I also have to wash my girls periodically as their butts are too fluffy, and I canā€™t stand S**t caked butts, my routine is similar;
1) Sweet talk large chicken (6-8 lbs) until they come to you and gently pick them up when they squat for you. Plan B when they arenā€™t laying or arenā€™t having any part of it is to chase the d**n chicken around the yard for 30-40 minutes while the neighbors watch and haul her A$$ into the house.
2) Fill the bathtub in the master bath with 4ā€ warm water and in the process making sure no one will EVER use that tub for anything else.
3) Gently place victim in the water, followed by extreme efforts by bird to escape tub resulting in S**t water being flapped out of tub into your eyes resulting in a trip to the doctor for pink eye.
4) ā€œAttemptā€ to wash crusted poop off victimā€™s A$$ while using strong language.
5) Pull victim out of the tub to dry her off only to realize the dog has gotten into the bathroom and decides to chase the chicken through the house.
6) Return the now air dried chicken to the backyard and retrieve the next victim.

Victim.....lmao

And you ain't wrong about chasing them around the yard. I always look ridiculous trying to corner them!

Oh my goodness! That is SO funny! šŸ¤£ On the other hand, we all feel your pain @tlcmurphy! I PREFER bathing a tiny Serama over a Buff Orpington!

Back
Top Bottom