Tile Floor Grout, Which kind for floor of coop?

Good Morning to all! I have recently acquired about 600sqft of ceramic tile from a free roadside pick up (Shhhhh ... don't tell my husband yet lol). I'd like to lay the tile in the floor of the coop, but coming up empty on which type of grout to use. I definitely do not want to use a standard grout (indoors type that isn't sealed, like a backsplash). Any ideas or recommendations on what to use that will be easy to clean, keep clean and will not harbor or absorb any bacteria?

Thanks in advance!
I would think that the grout would get dirty no matter what. I think it would be too hard to keep clean. Also it would probably crack after a while.

Can always count on you DobieLover! If/when i lay it, it's ceramic and glazed, but not entirely sure if it's rated for outdoor use. I'd be laying it directly over 3/4" OSB sub-flooring with a moisture barrier in-between. As far as i know all tile will expand and contract, and in Virginia we are famous for our humidity, so I'm not even sure it's a good idea anymore. I purchased peel and stick square foot linoleum tile originally and may end up sticking with that. What do you think? Maybe just use it for decorating the outside ;)
I wouldn’t recommend peel and stick tile either, they never butt up exactly together and moisture will get in between each crack. If I was you I would buy a roll of sheet vinyl or linoleum.

Good Morning to all! I have recently acquired about 600sqft of ceramic tile from a free roadside pick up (Shhhhh ... don't tell my husband yet lol). I'd like to lay the tile in the floor of the coop, but coming up empty on which type of grout to use. I definitely do not want to use a standard grout (indoors type that isn't sealed, like a backsplash). Any ideas or recommendations on what to use that will be easy to clean, keep clean and will not harbor or absorb any bacteria?

Thanks in advance!
Good morning, did you ever tile your coop? I have had a long term rat problem (big holes in the floor) and want to put down cement board and then tile it (myself). Rat poison is not an option, and they are too smart for have-a=heart. I think tile and concrete are the only things they won't be able to gnaw through.

Good morning, did you ever tile your coop? I have had a long term rat problem (big holes in the floor) and want to put down cement board and then tile it (myself). Rat poison is not an option, and they are too smart for have-a=heart. I think tile and concrete are the only things they won't be able to gnaw through.
Hey SpringFarmChick! Yes, I did tile the floor of my coop but a with peel and stick 12x12 kind from Lowes. Not sure the glue was any better than the grout concerns I had, but it worked well. Especially with cleaning it out, nothing stuck to it. No issues with the birds either and I did cold compost, seasonal flip/clean out type of coop.

Back
Top Bottom