Vorwerk Sexing Help

Daniel03

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2017
Hi All,

Looking for some feedback with how to go about sexing Vorwerk. Mine are roughly 2weeks old. I know you can’t sex 100% at this age but what should I be looking for as they get older?

Are vorwerks unique with markings or anything that would indicate sex early on?
Pictures attached of mine - you can guess mine as you like

477BB722-E8F1-4850-AE30-D09765E26EE0.jpeg

Thank you

Both sexes of Vorwerks are similar in color, so you won't be able to tell them apart that way at an early age. I think you will have to go about it in the usual way. Watch the combs and wattles for sudden growth spurts and early coloring. And thicker legs can also indicate cockerels, too. If it is not obvious by week 7, then that is a good time to post new pictures in here.

Mine are roughly 2weeks old.
Hi - I also have a couple of them - don't see many people with them - I kind of got them by default but they are so cute!!
If it is not obvious by week 7, then that is a good time to post new pictures in here.
I'll have to wait another week then, my 2 little ones are 6 weeks old (I did have 3 until one just disappeared of the face of the earth earlier this week). I can't work it out what I have!

Hi - I also have a couple of them - don't see many people with them - I kind of got them by default but they are so cute!!

I'll have to wait another week then, my 2 little ones are 6 weeks old (I did have 3 until one just disappeared of the face of the earth earlier this week). I can't work it out what I have!
You are welcome to post them earlier if you would like. As I said above, the main thing is the comb and wattles. If there is development and color in those areas at 6 weeks, then probably cockerels.

You are welcome to post them earlier if you would like. As I said above, the main thing is the comb and wattles. If there is development and color in those areas at 6 weeks, then probably cockerels.
Cool, I might go sit with them later and try to get some pics (I find it easier when they are running around like nutters to see the still pictures!) :D

Thanks for the welcome.
the chicks was 8 weeks old.
Unfortunately, last night I had a break-in in the room where they slept. I was left with only one cockerel.
In two weeks, new chickens will hatch, so we will have something to discuss.
See you soon

Back
Top Bottom