Wanted: Very dark Brown egg layers

Roosteroops

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Cary, NC
I have been unsuccessfully trying to find some dark brown egg laying pullets - or hatching eggs. I guess this would mostly be Cuckoo Marans and Barnevleders (? I think they lay dark brown?) -- I'll go in on a large order with someone near Raleigh NC if necessary. I only need 2 or 3.

Marans as a breed lay a very dark egg (see my avatar - these are eggs from Copper Black Marans that I hatched).

If you want very dark eggs, make sure to do your research, and purchase from a reputable breeder. If you buy from a hatchery, you'll be disappointed in the egg color and stock, IMO.

Hi,

I echo the comments about "doing your research", especially irt Barnevelders. If you're looking for really dark eggs, I don't think you want to look at Barnevelders. Do a search for "Barnevelders" on here and you should see why.

I have Welsummers. You can see pics of my birds and eggs on my website. If you do a search for "Welsummers" and me as the "Author", you will see the history on my birds.

Best Wishes with your search.

God Bless,

I have cuckoo marans. The eggs are large and of good color. You can check tem out on my BYC page. PM if interested.

Back
Top Bottom