What age do you sell your quail?

Hooligan Farm

Songster
9 Years
Oct 24, 2010
Burlington County, NJ
Ok so the Rookie is back in action. I was cutting weight for a tournament so thats why I really haven't been on. Tournaments over and time to get back to business. Now that I have a hatching routine and have my brooder rotating down, its time to move to next step. I'm quickly running out of space and I actually have people interested in buying some from me. So my question is whats the youngest you sell them or do you wait till you beer sex and get rid of what you don't want to keep.

I sell whatever people want, I have an ad on craigslist that says I sell chicks, juveniles, and adults. I will also hatch upon request. I just sell as people buy.

Yes, they start out at $1 from hatch to a week old. They go up by .50 each week until they hit $4.00, I charge $3.00 a bird if they buy more than ten.

Quote:
When ppl ask I've been telling them 5 for $20 and they seem interested and want to know when I'm selling

I'm assuming this is species other than Bobs? If so, I knoooooooooow I'm gettin' riiiiiiiiiiiped.....
rant.gif

Quote:
When ppl ask I've been telling them 5 for $20 and they seem interested and want to know when I'm selling

I'm assuming this is species other than Bobs? If so, I knoooooooooow I'm gettin' riiiiiiiiiiiped.....
rant.gif

We're talking coturnix, if it were bobs you'd be in the red...

I charge $1.50 for day olds and each week the price goes up by $1.00

And then I charge differently for color varieties.

If someone buys more than 24 chicks, the cost is $1.00 a chick.

It depends on how much space I have to raise them. If I don't have much space I sell them at $1 from day-old to 1-week old and it goes up $.50 each week. When they are old enough to sex I sell them in groups of 4 (1 male, 3 females) for $15 or single males for $3. I do not sell single females unless I just have way too many. I usually don't hatch them unless the eggs aren't selling or if I have a big auction coming up.

Quote:

rant.gif

The guy I got my coturnix from sells the Bobs 4 for $20 or $25 I can't recall exactly.

Back
Top Bottom