Adams flea and tick spray for mites- should I toss the eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken Fruit

Songster
10 Years
Feb 25, 2009
Echo Homestead
I am treating my flock for mites, I have used sevin dust on them and DE and then followed up with Adam's just to be certain. I did one treatment about three or four days ago, and then another tonight. We've been just tossing the eggs- but I am wondering if we really have to?

And if we do for how long should be continue to?

Last edited:
thanks
smile.png

Quote:
Wow I don't now and have never in the past used these things but I would have never thunk it! I swear I learn something new on BYC every single day! Thanks so much for the info
thumbsup.gif

I think i'll take my chances with the Adams spray. lol. There's nothing else sold locally thats safe to use on them, choosing between anemic dead chickens and overly regulated pesticides is not a hard choice. Its illegal to use any flea tick medication in any way other than stated on the packaging. By that note its illegal for me to follow my vets instructions on OTC flea drops- use one dose every three weeks not four.

Anyway, still doesnt answer my question....

Since it's very cold here, would it be ok if i use Adams spray on my flocks. I will use Sevin dust in the spring, thanks in advance

I was told by a chicken farmer around here that you should wait two weeks, but I cannot vouch for his integrity, I don't know him. After reading this I was curious and asked a fellow at TSC. So I'd wait to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom