Votes: 26 92.9%
  • Chickens (gamebirds)

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Quails1

Songster
6 Years
May 15, 2015
From what I've read by many, ducks are way messier/dirtier than chickens. I got a Muscovy duckling on 9/11/16 and she's messier than even one chick I could ever imagine! Ducks also smell worse than chickens, and I know this since we formerly had chickens (we got them as chicks), and the chicks didn't smell as bad (I don't remember them being messier, I guess they're cleaner), nor as messy as my one little duckling (speaking from my experience). So did our quail chicks; like our previous chickens, they were not as bad as my duckling, in terms of mess. How about your experiences concerning ducks' and chickens' mess? Vote your answer in the poll!

Amen to you; I agree with all of you! Waterfowl, like ducks, are literally messier than gamebirds (or game birds), like chickens. Imagine the mess a swan would make!

Let's put this mathematically: If the mess of one duckling is equal to the mess of let's say, 12 chicks, the mess of 1 chick would be way much less than a duckling - only 1/12ths of a truckload of hodgepodge! Imagine if they were adults... they'd still be messy, yet not as much as the waterfowl.

Ducks are messier but their poop stinks less
1f611.png
(Warning: I am biased, I don't like chickens they peck my ducks)

I think duck poop is less offensive. It sinks into the grass so I don't even see it in their pen. I had one chicken in there raising my ducklings once and she left big piles sitting around! When she went back to the neighbor, I did not miss her poop or the big pits she started furrowing for her dust baths...

I think duck poop is less offensive. It sinks into the grass so I don't even see it in their pen. I had one chicken in there raising my ducklings once and she left big piles sitting around! When she went back to the neighbor, I did not miss her poop or the big pits she started furrowing for her dust baths...

Yes!!!

What do you mean by that duck poop is less offensive?

Back
Top Bottom