Are your cats Indoor, Outdoor, or Both?

Campine Lover

Songster
9 Years
Mar 7, 2010
Moss Beach, CA
Personally, I think that it isn't fair to have cats indoors all the time because cats love to go outside. With some cases, it is differant. (blind, deaf, declawed) The same with outdoor cats. If you are going to have a cat, at least let it come inside once in awhile. My cats come in and out of the house as they please, hunting and basking around in the sun outside as they were meant to be. Some people like dogs better because they think cats are boring, those cats are bored because they are inside all the time, with no other choice. Would you rather be locked in a house your whole life, or live life to the fullest? I think the answer is clear. Please don't get mad if you keep your cat indoors, some have your reasons, but just be aware that cats were meant to live how they please. They should at least have a choice. If your scared they'll get lost, microchip and collar them. They won't run away never to be seen again as long as you care for them. They might be so happy, they'll leave you with the "present" of a dead mouse. It is a honor to recieve one.
tongue.png

I have 3 cats and I live in the country - they are micro-chipped and spayed/neutered and are indoor/outdoor. They come in and out as they please - and most of the time they spend more time outside than in.

I agree cats are much happier inside and outside - with the option - just like us and dogs.

All 7 of my cats are totally indoors. I would never ever have an outside cat. Its too dangerous for them(i care too much about my cats to let them get run over by a car or eaten by a fox..)..
AND.. also, i find it rude to let my pets wander all over the neighborhood on other peoples property. Maybe my neighbors dont want my cat in their yard?

I once had a neighbor that had outside cats.. they were always in my yard and in my garbage..
Her cats ended up missing... (i.e. trapped and taken to the shelter..)
I find it very, very rude to let YOUR pets wander in MY yard..
If you want a cat so bad...please take care of it yourself..and dont make it a burden on others.

Last edited:
We got our daughter a cat from the humane society for her birthday. He stayed indoors all the time right away, because we had never had cats before and were afraid that he would run away or get hit. One day we decided to let him outside and he stayed by the house
ya.gif
now he's outside during the summer and comes in in the winter. That is what he wants to do. We still feed him his cat food everyday, but he loves to go out hunting. Thanks to him being outside though, we now have a pregnant female stray that stays around the house all the time. I guess it was probably more my husband feeding her Stripes canned cat food that probably keeps her around
idunno.gif
I don't know what we are going to do with her this winter though. She has definantly decided that this is her home. We are going to put her in our outside screened in porch when she has the kittens and then give them away at about 8 weeks. As far as she goes we will be getting her spayed right away also. I just personally don't know how she would do in the house and honestly I don't want another one in the house. We already have 2 large dogs, Stripes, and sometimes chicks in the basement.

There IS a special fencing that you put on the tops of your fencing so they can't jump over the fence. Works on chickens, too.
big_smile.png
And you can put bells on your cats collars to give any birds/prey a chance.

Mine are indoor only. They're terrified of the great outdoors and wouldn't set a paw outside if you let the door open all day.

My neighbors have 5 mangy irritating outdoor cats that just LOVE to pee all over my property, poop in the kids' sandbox, drink from the pool, hunt songbirds, lie in wait under my birdfeeders, kill my baby chicks, fight in the middle of the night and spread fleas everywhere. I wish they'd keep their stupid cats HOME!

I have 5 cats... well, let me rephrase that, I am owned by 5 cats. Three of them are indoor/ outdoor. and 2 are strays that live and eat here for free and they stay outside where they have shelter and access to clean water and food all the time.

Back
Top Bottom