BBW jump the fence??

Amagou81

In the Brooder
May 29, 2023
I have a couple BBW poults feathered enough to go out in "the yard" which has a 4' fence and wood railing along the top of the fence. Are they going to be able to jump it? They don't even want to jump on their little roost but when they were out to slowly get aquatinted with the other turkey and ducks, one was flapping it's wings and heading towards the fence.

I have a couple BBW poults feathered enough to go out in "the yard" which has a 4' fence and wood railing along the top of the fence. Are they going to be able to jump it? They don't even want to jump on their little roost but when they were out to slowly get aquatinted with the other turkey and ducks, one was flapping it's wings and heading towards the fence.
At that age, they can fly. If the fence has a top bar or rail that looks like a perch, they may get up there. If they perch up there they will most likely get down on the wrong side.

At that age, they can fly. If the fence has a top bar or rail that looks like a perch, they may get up there. If they perch up there they will most likely get down on the wrong side.
Ok. I was afraid of that. I've seen some people say they can't get up that high but I think they meant full grown BBs

Back
Top Bottom