best fried eggs anyone can ask for!! (seasoned cast iron pan)!!!

trunkman

Songster
10 Years
Dec 26, 2009
Rock Hill SC
Do you cook your eggs in a teflon frying pan? I've been cooking mine in a teflon pan and loved every breakfast we've cooked so far but one day I took out the old seasoned cast iron pan I had in the bottom of the stove drawer and threw some real butter in the hot cast iron pan that made the butter brown and fried the eggs in it and I will never cook eggs in a teflon pan again, the taste was wonderful!! Free range eggs and cast iron pan with real butter, mmm mmmm mmmm nothing like it!! Life is good! I'll never go back!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
That's what I use, cast iron. Some I inherited, some I bought in flea markets, my favorite griddle has a bottom ring on it that was intended to fit into the removed cover plate of a wood burning cookstove. Bacon & eggs done in that old, old griddle is superb, it's so black and slick, it's more non-stick then teflon.

Yes, I use cast iron. If you cook with cast iron, enough of the iron will leach out into your food, that it will keep you from being anemic. Not to mention that teflon's dirty little secret is that it is a toxic poison. I tossed my $400 set of teflon pots and pans and bought stainless steel to go with my cast iron. Of course, the best fried eggs are in the iron skillet that you just fried the bacon in...........and you are right-the best fried eggs ever.

I remember my mother cooking eggs in a slick cast iron pan and tried it myself in a newer pan and what a disaster, it took me about ten years to get the pan nice and slick and shiny and didn't think of using it too cook eggs till a few weeks ago and oh man, what a great taste!
thumbsup.gif

For those of us with new cast iron pans is there an easy way to season these? I have a couple packed away that I have never used since the one time I tried was a horrid mess.

My girls won't eat their greens now.

My girls are spoiled I guess..... I buy them frozen mixed vegetables..... yikes - those eggs are expensive
barnie.gif

Quote:
Even tho last year was my first year with chickens I've noticed that summer and fall eggs from free range chickens are much better than in winter when they don't get to eat grass and bugs and the yolks are much better than they are this time of year, can't wait till bugs and green grass come back!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom