Birchen cross Partridge?

AusHen

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 21, 2018
QLD Australia
Posting on behalf of my 9yo son.
He is wanting to know what he would get if he bred a Birchen Modern Game Bantam rooster to a Partridge hen and vice versa.

Birchen rooster x partridge hen = Gold/silver heterozygous birchen cockerels and birchen pullets. Might be sexable by leg color since most partridge birds have light colored legs.
Partridge rooster x birchen hen = sexlinks, though I don’t know if you can see the difference in down color. Gold/silver heterozygous birchen cockerels and gold birchen (brown red) pullets.
What does your partridge hen look like? The word “partridge” can mean many things.

Birchen rooster x partridge hen = Gold/silver heterozygous birchen cockerels and birchen pullets. Might be sexable by leg color since most partridge birds have light colored legs.
Partridge rooster x birchen hen = sexlinks, though I don’t know if you can see the difference in down color. Gold/silver heterozygous birchen cockerels and gold birchen (brown red) pullets.
What does your partridge hen look like? The word “partridge” can mean many things.
No chance of Sexing since they would be ER/eb and that cross would look 100% Birchen at hatch

Thanks for the replies. His birds are only young at the moment, hard for me to source where I am so he was hoping to use his two pullets to breed more in the future.

Back
Top Bottom