Can I get some help from someone with careless neighbours who own dogs.

I have bad anger issues when it comes to protecting the people and animals I love, they don’t know they want me to do whatever is possible she’s mad at all of us. But my dad is really mad, he hates going and catching those mutts and wishes we could get rid of them without her poisoning our chickens or something. She doesn’t care about the dogs much either she once said if the good one got out and died she would put down the trouble maker but not the other way around
I understand your loyalty and I'm truly sorry you have to live with this stress. Maybe read some of the solutions offered here with your Dad and see if anything sounds good and easy to do.... I think everyone just wishes for a peaceful solution for you so that you don't have to live with anger, concern for your flock and stress. ❤️

My neighbours dogs have been getting out repeatedly and I’m done, yesterday they were tormenting my poor chickens and making them go nuts. Ive posted about this before but now I’m mad and want more help. What can I do without them knowing I called animal control or knowing I killed the dogs. She also started complaining when I told her to keep her dogs in about the roosters crowing when her dogs wake us up at midnight barking at frogs and things they find in the yard. I just am worried about my flock’s safety so what can I do.
I don't recommend fighting neighbors because theres nothing worse than having an enemy next door .The county is the proper route to take if they have shelter.I'd buy some treats and catch the dogs myself and take them to them if they refuse to come get them.(edit) Make sure they're on your property first.Btw you might want to post some no trespassing signs so your neighbors can't show up and harass you

7D413C78-52A5-4AFF-95FD-3380B6213901.jpeg

This may now be moot but it might be helpful for future situations:

A prey driven dog needs a physical fence and electric fence to be deterred. A below ground electric fence won't work on a dog with thick hair unless its neck stays shaven.
You install underground electric fencing to keep your OWN dog(s) confined, not your neighbor's. Once installed, YOUR dog wears the collar that administers a mild electric shock if he crosses the boundary. So it's not applicable in this situation.

ETA: And it takes the place of a physical fence.

This may now be moot but it might be helpful for future situations:

You install underground electric fencing to keep your OWN dog(s) confined, not your neighbor's. Once installed, YOUR dog wears the collar that administers a mild electric shock if he crosses the boundary. So it's not applicable in this situation.

ETA: And it takes the place of a physical fence.
Its easier to put an electric fence up and ask the neighbor to put a collar on their dog.They already share a fence.

Its easier to put an electric fence up and ask the neighbor to put a collar on their dog.They already share a fence.
I thought the "electric fence" discussions were about the kind with exposed wires, that zaps every dog and person who touches it. That provides some protection against all other dogs and predators too.

Too many kinds of "electric fence" get confusing!

The underground fence is very expensive. And it has to go around the property you want the dog to stay IN. You can't go tearing up your neighbor's property without permission at a cost of a thousand dollars or more and then ask them to put the collar on their dog to keep it home. The fence company won't even do that. There's also a training process they do to teach the dog the fence is there. It's just not applicable to this situation. At all.

Also can I electrify the fence in between mine and their yard if they have little kids that go outside without shoes lots
Most places forbid an electric fence on any fence between neighbors houses, close to a city sidewalk or any area where children play .Signs have to be posted an above ground electric fence. They'd probably agree to pay for a collar if you bought the "underground" system and installed it

Back
Top Bottom