can I have chickens in el cajon ca

danjones

Hatching
8 Years
May 6, 2011
I want chickens, however, I am not sure if it is legal to have in El Cajon. I live in the county. My lot is 11,250 sqft feet.

Lots of people in El Cajon have chickens. I don't think there will be a problem, especially if you don't have roosters. You can try calling animal control, they should be able to give you the official ruling. I live in San Diego, and we are allowed chickens, but not roosters. I believe the rules state not over 25 chickens, and at least 30' from any residential building (most people break this rule, since it is unlikely you will find many yards that fit this requirement.) Rodent proof containers are required for food storage. I bought most of my items at Doulbe S feed store in El Cajon, off highway 8, Lake Jennings road exit. I've had my girls for almost a year, and still enjoy them and their eggs. Many of us get together and discuss problems and solutions. You can find us on this web site, under the "meetups" heading . You can also respond to this with a message, and I will help you get in touch with our group. We'd love to meet you. Welcome to chicken keeping!

Back
Top Bottom