Can you feed ducks fodder?

What do you sprout for the duck fodder? I sprouted some wheat but it got a little too long, do you think that if I cut it down it's safe to feed? I heard about longer fodder causing sour crop in chickens.

But I would like to know what you are sprouting.

As long as ducklings are getting a tiny bit of chick sized grit at least a few days before they get something like fodder, they should be okay with it - and as long as it's just a small percentage of their food intake.

I did not think about fodder when mine were little - I do pretty much what dan26552 does - pretty much sprout it.

If you chop up the fodder into tiny bits it ought to be okay - I used to chop up lettuce and greens very finely and put it in cool water for a treat for the ducklings - they loved it! It was like cold lettuce and dandelion soup
lol.png

Here is my fodder setup.

How would I make my own duckling feed they can eat? I don't like feeding them processed food... or would I just need a adult duck to raise them?

As long as ducklings are getting a tiny bit of chick sized grit at least a few days before they get something like fodder, they should be okay with it - and as long as it's just a small percentage of their food intake.

I did not think about fodder when mine were little - I do pretty much what dan26552 does - pretty much sprout it.

If you chop up the fodder into tiny bits it ought to be okay - I used to chop up lettuce and greens very finely and put it in cool water for a treat for the ducklings - they loved it! It was like cold lettuce and dandelion soup
lol.png

Here is my fodder setup.

Back
Top Bottom